Monday morning, May 17th, at 3am my water broke and I started having contractions 5 minutes apart. We rushed to the hospital to discover I was only 1cm dialated...2hours later I was put on a pitocin drip to make my contractions stronger and closer together. My body's reaction was to shake...so I took my first dose of pain medication. After being in labor for 8hrs I was only dialated 3cm and was having contractions every 30seconds...so, I gave in and got the epidural! 3hrs later I was finally dialated to 10cm...that's when the fun started. Elliott's head got stuck in the birthing canal for 3hours! Needless to say, 14hrs into labor he was the cutest cone head we had ever seen!
We are all doing well, just trying to rest. The last 3hours were really hard on my body, so I've been on bed rest trying to recover. Elliott is doing well. He's feeding regularly, peeing, pooping and makes us smile everyday by the wonderful little things he does. We are SO happy and enjoying our new lives as parents. Even if we only sleep 2-3hrs a day, it's all worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment