I went back to work last week and I have mixed emotions...
Before the summer was over I was looking forward to working again. I have tremendous respect for women who enjoy staying at home with their children, but I don't think I am of that breed. I love being a mom and I love Elliott, but I miss contributing and using my brain in ways outside the house.
Currently I work for a non profit organization that provides free after-school tutoring and activities to low income families. The specific program I work for is in a middle school. We have close to 150 students after school and my job is homework help. So, I started back a week ago. I really am enjoying working with students to understand their homework...usually it's math they need help with. (I've had to re-teach myself Algebra and Geometry so I can answer their questions)
Even though I've enjoyed working, Elliott and Kyle have not enjoyed having me gone during the day. Before I started working Elliott took 2-4 naps a day all at least an hour and only woke up once during the night. Well, since I've been working all of that has changed... Elliott only sleeps 30minutes at a time...and will only nap once. At night he wakes up every 1-2hrs. It's a bit stressful for both of us, but we are hoping things will get better once we get into the routine of me working... I mean, so many women work full-time and are mothers, so me working part-time should be okay... Here's to more sleep at night!
No comments:
Post a Comment