Unfortunately things have not gotten any better with Elliott at home. I just finished my second week of work and Elliott is still not sleeping. I have tried to keep Elliott in the same routine that he has been in all summer long, but it is not working. Kyle says he cries for about 30 minutes once I leave for work. Things are getting so stressful that when I get home Kyle hands me Elliott and goes for a walk. I think it's been hard on him because even though he is the father he is not able to completely console Elliott. It's hard on me because I feel like my absence is traumatizing Elliott. I guess it's because he had me everyday since he was born. By the time I get home from work I only get to spend an hour or so with Elliott before putting him down for bed, which is becoming an hour long process.
I did a little experiment this past weekend. I took Monday off of work, so I was home Saturday-Monday. All weekend long I played with Elliott. His sleeping increased at night. By Monday night he slept for 7 straight hours, woke up once, then went back to sleep for 4 more hours. The sleep mystery is solved (as if I didn't already know the answer.) The more time I spend with Elliott during the day, the more he sleeps at night.
How can I be there for my son, while working to help provide for my family?
No comments:
Post a Comment