The last week and a half have been quite interesting and trying for all of us sleep-wise. We had a great Labor Day weekend and enjoyed BBQs and swimming. By the end of last weekend Elliott was sleeping almost through the night...only woke up twice. HUGE improvement from 12-15 times!
I went back to work on Tuesday and the nightmare began again. While I was at work Elliott cried for 3 solid hours. I felt really bad for Kyle because I would have tried to come home early, but I didn't have my cell phone with me. When I got to my car after work I had a voice-mail in 20 minute increments of Elliott crying... The second I walked in the house and he heard my voice he stopped crying and started smiling. Let's just say the week has progressed from there... It's getting harder to put him to bed at night because he wants to be in my arms and will cling for an hour or two before letting me put him down. Poor baby... Poor daddy... Only 2 more work days to go!
On another note I think Elliott is teething. Not only is he gumming me while he eats (that's a fun experience), but he's gumming everything he can get into his mouth. He's also become quite a drooler. With me working and early stages of teething it makes sense why he's having a tough time. Kyle and I swear we heard Elliott crying "Momma" tonight when he woke up to nurse. We listened closely and he repeated it several times. Craziness!
No comments:
Post a Comment