Thursday, September 2, 2010

2 Weeks Notice

Getting up all night long has really made me sick. My sinuses are acting up and I am having a difficult time talking. So, I took Tuesday off of work and it was the best day ever!

Kyle and I devoted today to family time. All day long we cuddled Elliott between us and played with him. We were so happy to see his little precious smile return with his infectious giggle. There were so many moments when Elliott would look at me and smile, then look at Kyle and smile, then look back at me, etc. I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "Yay Mom and Dad are both at home with me today!) The day was perfect. We had much needed family time and Kyle and I even had a couple of hours at night to spend together.

We started talking about what was most important to us individually and as a family. We agreed that Elliott is now our number one and comes before any job. After doing some number pinching, we worked out a way for me to quit my job and stay home with Elliott and Kyle. (Kyle works from home during the week.) Our new money plan requires us to sell my car (which I was only using to go to work) and be continuously mindful of how we spend our money. It's worth not going out to eat to spend the day with Elliott and have him sleeping again!

So, I gave my 2 weeks notice yesterday and I am so happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment