Sunday, October 31, 2010

October= visitors and Stoller Strides


It's crazy how being a stay at home mom has made my life even more hectic.  Initially I wanted to update this blog every week, but seeing as it hasn't been updated in a while, I figure once a month is about all I can count on.

The month of October was quite busy!  Elliott and I met my mom in San Diego and enjoyed an extended weekend together.  Kyle's dad flew in and he and his dad ran a 1/2 marathon in LA!  So proud of Kyle for completing the 1/2 marathon.  (Hopefully someday we can run one together)  October was also Halloween and we enjoyed showing our little penguin off at Trunk-or-Treats and Halloween parties.

Probably the most significant thing about October was I joined a group called Stroller Strides.  Stroller Strides is a fitness group of moms and their babies/toddlers.  They meet Mon-Fri at various parks and do an hour of fitness while pushing strollers.  The first class I attended had about 25 moms with a combined total of 35 babies/toddlers.  Once I heard them singing nursery rhymes while doing lunges around their strollers I fell in love!  This group of women not only motivate me to work-out, but inspire me everyday and offer great support.  Elliott and I love going to Stroller Strides!  He especially loves playing with his friends on his blanket.
Elliott and Grandpa Logan at the Pumpkin patch

Grandma Snethen and Elliott in San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment